A REVIEW - SLP PowerFlo Exhaust - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004 Thread Starter

Talking A REVIEW - SLP PowerFlo Exhaust

After my disappointment with the Ford Racing cat back system's poor fit, I ordered an SLP PowerFlo system. $449.99 plus shipping and $60 for a local shop to install it this morning. The fit is very good and the finish is outstanding.The mufflers are an oval shaped, straight through design. The case is a highly polished stainless steel with "SLP" embossed on both the top and bottom of the case. IT IS ONE LOUD SUM BEACH!. I've never heard their Loud Mouth system, but this puppy barks. It isn't bad at idle and below 1500 rpm. My GT is automatic. When you accelerate at part throttle and the rpm's peak just before the up shift, it really booms. It has a booming drone at 2000 rpm on the hightway (70 mph). This system is really louder than what I wanted, and it could get old real quick on a long trip. If you are looking for a mild system, this one is not for you. If you want a ballsie sound than this may be the system for you. Like I said, I've never heard a Loud Mouth system but Lord help us if it is louder than the PowerFlo 'cause the PowerFlo is LOUD! It will be interesting to see what kind of power it 's added. There is a Mustang show scheduled for Orlando in late February that usually has an on site dyno. I pulled 214 RWHP bone stock last show. We'll see what the system adds this February. :laughlitt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004

im buying a loudmouth next week....ill tell u how it is :kooky:

hmm.....powerflow is 100 bucks more than a loudmouth, correct me if im wrong anyone, but since the powerflow is 100 bucks more wouldn't it be louder than that of the loud mouth ?

dan

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005 Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlaGT
im buying a loudmouth next week....ill tell u how it is :kooky:

hmm.....powerflow is 100 bucks more than a loudmouth, correct me if im wrong anyone, but since the powerflow is 100 bucks more wouldn't it be louder than that of the loud mouth ?

dan
Cost doesn't necessarily correlate with sound level. A quieter system should cost more because of the extra material needed to quiet things down - extra baffles, chambers, and in this case sound absorbing material. Loud Mouth is just a skinny straight through tube. The PowerFlo has a large oval case packed with sound absorbing material. The case is a highly polished ( almost like chrome) with SLP embossed on both sides of the case. Just looking at the two systems one can tell that the PowerFlo should cost a little more to make. PowerFlo is one loud SOB.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005

u just have the exhaust? stock h-pipe, headers......if so then NICE. hope im happy with my loud mouth
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlaGT
u just have the exhaust? stock h-pipe, headers......if so then NICE. hope im happy with my loud mouth
Just the cat back. It's loud enough.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Where did you buy your system at? I can only find one for around 530..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

i got loudmouth 2 and i love em but it leaves you wanting louder after a while i dunno why but i guess when you have a taste of it you want more

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009
PONY Member

I've been running the LM1's about four years now with a catted Magnaflow X. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have no drone.

Skip

2002 GT MG Vert
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009
GT Member
4.6L Member

Nothing better then SLP

03 GT SUPERCHARGED-SOLD
2010 FUSION SPORT
2000 F-350 7.3L SD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page