Bullitt suspension kit thoughts? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Bullitt suspension kit thoughts?

Ive just started hearing about this kit from ford racing,the price is real nice for whats included .Does anyone have this setup,hows the ride for a d/d?Would a set of mm or j&m lca's work well with this kit?

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2001 GT,k&n fipk/sr racing 70m t/b&plenum/steeda pulleys/Mac ceraminc lt's/mac pro-chamber/flowmaster cat back/3.73's/tokico hp's/Fms "b" springs/J&m lower control arms/Nitto 555R's/custom airbrushed ghost flames
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013
PONY Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Well if it's anything like the factory set up on my Bullitt, it will carve corners when you want it to. Good for DD as well. I've got J&M LCA's on my car and the work well with everything.

I am the proudest member of the FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE CLASS OF 2010, Whoop!! Thanks and Gig Em

-2001 Dark Highland Green Mustang Bullitt #3064,
Vortech Charged 32V. 533 rwhp, 456 ft-lb @ 15 psi boost

-1969 Mustang Grande: House fire, RIP
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I go to the dragstrip frequently,and want a nice balance of handling & straight line performance.I thought I wanted a full drag setup,but not sure that would be ideal for daily driving in the city/highway.Do you go to the strip at all?.Im definatly getting lca's with whatever I get.Do have the j&m's from a.m. that are 169.99? Hows the nvh with them? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2001 GT,k&n fipk/sr racing 70m t/b&plenum/steeda pulleys/Mac ceraminc lt's/mac pro-chamber/flowmaster cat back/3.73's/tokico hp's/Fms "b" springs/J&m lower control arms/Nitto 555R's/custom airbrushed ghost flames

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

If I had to spec out a good dual purpose suspension setup, it would be UPR Pro Street suspension with a combination of poly & spherical bushings, Strange 10-way adjustable shocks & struts, and springs which are neither too stiff nor too soft. That way you could set the dampeners to firm for cornering and soften them up for drag racing. The car would work well in both scenarios.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013
Rookie
4.6L Member

The Bullitt suspension is definitely better than the stock setup, but if you go to the drag strip...meh.

Try getting an adjustable setup if you want both drag and DD. I got eibach springs and tokico d-spec adjustable shocks/struts and can't believe the difference! When I adjust it to drag the ride is awful...but the straight line performance is amazing! And when I'm not racing, I adjust it to something more comfortable. Greatest investment I've made yet.

- Tyler

01 Mustang GT- Steeda CAI, 75mm Accufab TB & plenum, muffler delete w/4" exhaust tips, FRPP Mach 1 calipers, strut & shock tower braces, MM subframe connectors, Pro 5.0 short shifter, Tokico D-Spec shock/struts, Eibach Drag/Race springs, Team Z adjustable LCAs & relocated adjustable UCAs, Eaton 31 Spline Carbon Fiber Posi diff, FRPP 4.10 gears, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, custom bullet-proof rear axle housing, NITTO tires
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013
Apprentice

I have the Ford Racing Bullit suspension on my 98 GT, let me tell you what a difference. I love the fact Thats only a 1 inch drop Wich is perfect for me because the roads in Joisey suck. Plus the handling is night and day. Its fine for a DD, and it works fine for occasional strip work w/ other suspension mods. I also have the Steeda rear upper and lowers Wich help at the strip.

Sent from a bar in Joisey
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013
Rookie

Philly, I put the Bullit on my 1998 Gt. Great CHEAP upgrade (only $500). Good for street DD and really helps without making the ride too stiff and get rid of the stock bouncy ride. I though Ford stopped making them though? Mine included springs, shocks, and bars. Funny thing, the front bar is smaller.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014
Apprentice

I've been looking at this one:

M-5400-A Ford Racing Bullitt Tokico Suspension kit, Speed Concepts

Any thoughts? It is for a DD and I do not want a drastic drop, just an improvement in handling.

2004 Black GT - Auto
K&N FIPK
Steeda / MRT exhaust
Steeda tune
Steeda / FRPP suspension
Misc. OEM Ford Mach 1 & Bullitt, Steeda,& UPR dress up
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014
Apprentice

That's the same kit. I like it, you can feel the difference. It's definitely an upgrade.

Sent from Titan Uranus
Apprentice

This is how it will sit with 17" wheels.

Sent from Titan Uranus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page