Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do dealers remove engine mods or other performance mods?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SombreroMan 
#1 ·
Mod help...

OK, this is probably a difficult question, but here goes anyway...

Well, I bought my 2000 GT used from a dealer (pic is in my gallery). There were obviously some external modifications (air dam, hood, sunroof). What I want to know is, do dealers remove engine mods or other performance mods? What are some things I should look for that may have been added and the dealer left on? I'm not familiar enough with the engine to know what is stock.

Also, I scrape the butt end of my car backing out of driveways all the time. Is there any way to tell if the car has been lowered? It doesn't look lower than a stock mustang to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Mike

#2 ·
Oops... forgot to change the thread title. Sorry.

#3 ·
Yep, they remove all performance mods to the car... usually. They also usually hold onto them in case the next owner wants to put them back on.

#4 ·
Thanks, I just thought that since they left the other things on (especially the front air dam) that maybe they would have left other things on.
Does anyone else scrape the ground in a stock GT or am I doing something wrong?

#5 ·
What is scrapin??? the pipes.

Park by a model like yours and do the finger check between the tire and fenderwell. To be more exact a 6 in ruler can help. Also make shure the Rim/Tire size is the same in your comparision.

If I remember right my 98GT would fit all 4 fingers and thumb b/w tire and car.

#7 ·
From the looks of your pic it doesn't look lowered, but like Emery said park by another car like yours and check and you should be able to tell. Another thing you could do is look at the springs, most aftermarket springs are painted a differant color other than the stock black.

#8 ·
KillerGT... thanks, that's what i wasn't sure about. I thought that maybe there was a way to tell by looking at the springs.
Also, Emery... thank you too for your suggestion.
I'll give both a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.