Thoughts on suspension kits/packages for 2004 gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thoughts on suspension kits/packages for 2004 gt

Gunna be installing a suspension package/kit and was wanting some input on this particular kits FORD MUSTANG Eibach Sport-System-Plus Suspension Lowering Kits 4.1035.680 - SummitRacing.com. i plan on getting to the 425-450rwhp range with a procharger and bolt ons on my dd think this will help that power to the ground along with some flsfc and some mickey thompson tires on a staggered stance? any other additions to this kit that will help out or anyone else know of a better kit/package? thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange04gt View Post
Gunna be installing a suspension package/kit and was wanting some input on this particular kits FORD MUSTANG Eibach Sport-System-Plus Suspension Lowering Kits 4.1035.680 - SummitRacing.com. i plan on getting to the 425-450rwhp range with a procharger and bolt ons on my dd think this will help that power to the ground along with some flsfc and some mickey thompson tires on a staggered stance? any other additions to this kit that will help out or anyone else know of a better kit/package? thanks guys
When you say 450rwhp and mickey thompson tires, it sounds like you're wanting to hook up on the launch.

That said, the kit you listed is not a good match.

I'd recommend Strange 10-way adjustable shocks & struts, the stock swaybar in the back, removing the front swaybar, Eibach drag springs, UPR Products upper & lower control arms, and your staggered Mickey Thompsons. This will give you excellent traction, and all of these parts are available at Mustang Parts & Performance - UPR Products

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

I agree with Sharad

Lowering the car will Kill your 60 foot times with 450rwhp. It would hurt it on a stock car to, It affects weight transfer to the rear wheels

''Low and slow is not the way to go''

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
When you say 450rwhp and mickey thompson tires, it sounds like you're wanting to hook up on the launch.

That said, the kit you listed is not a good match.

I'd recommend Strange 10-way adjustable shocks & struts, the stock swaybar in the back, removing the front swaybar, Eibach drag springs, UPR Products upper & lower control arms, and your staggered Mickey Thompsons. This will give you excellent traction, and all of these parts are available at Mustang Parts & Performance - UPR Products
Thanks for the feedback, and yes id definately like to hook up on the launch who wouldnt but with that being said this car will remain my dd and with the package you listed you said remove the front sway bar and keep the original rear swaybar. wont that effect the cornering ability of the car, i live in a somewhat high elevated point in missouri where curvy roads and hills dominate and those are the roads it will see mostly. the straight highways and gateway in illinois are gunna feel the wrath of this stang! Im not as up to speed on the suspension aspect of things so any input helps. I'll check out UPR products when i get my tax return see if we cant make that package you listed come to life! Thanks man
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quan Cheese View Post
I agree with Sharad

Lowering the car will Kill your 60 foot times with 450rwhp. It would hurt it on a stock car to, It affects weight transfer to the rear wheels

''Low and slow is not the way to go''
So keeping original ride height will be the way to go? Thanks for the input man!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, and yes id definately like to hook up on the launch who wouldnt but with that being said this car will remain my dd and with the package you listed you said remove the front sway bar and keep the original rear swaybar. wont that effect the cornering ability of the car, i live in a somewhat high elevated point in missouri where curvy roads and hills dominate and those are the roads it will see mostly. the straight highways and gateway in illinois are gunna feel the wrath of this stang! Im not as up to speed on the suspension aspect of things so any input helps. I'll check out UPR products when i get my tax return see if we cant make that package you listed come to life! Thanks man
There is some middle ground. You could leave the front sway bar and low profile tires on for the street, then disconnect the sway bar and run 15"s in the back for the strip.

Quote:
So keeping original ride height will be the way to go? Thanks for the input man!
For straight line grip, yes. You don't want to be slammed unless you have a WELL thought out suspension setup. UPR Pro Series front & rear, adjustable dampeners, etc.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Your best bet would be to upgrade the rear control arms and get the Eibach drag springs. They retain stock height and are a bit softer for better weight transfer.

Black with saddle 1996 Mustang GT convertible. Manual. NPI, 2v 4.6L. Full bolt-ons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page