1999 mustang gt p0420 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member

1999 mustang gt p0420

I have a issue with this code on my mustang. The car has cat delete kit with mil sensors. The car has had them on for about 6-7 years I have swapped front to rear o2 sensors. I have swapped mil eliminators over side to side. The car had developed a misfire so I swapped the New coil to the other side but still no luck as service engine light is back on. What else can I try

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TigerSN95guy
Lol if you find out let me know... I have an SCT tuner that is supposed to shut that whole system down and i have the same code, so it beats me

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

2015 Mustang GT Premium with Track Pack (i think calling it the performance package was just dumb)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member

If I find out. I shall let you know

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Do you have a tuner? My first bet is the mils wore out. They are basically a resistor to fool the system into thinking the cats are working... If you have a tuner (or know someone that will let you use their unmarried one for an hour or so) you can try turning the rear O2's off as an easy way to pinpoint the problem. There is also some good writeups on how to make your own mils, cost a few bucks and a trip to radio shack.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member

Ok guys I know I not being on here for a while but was waiting for some new mil eliminators. We'll they came yesterday and was fitted to the car and I still got the issue. It has now got a misfire under acceleration but was doing it before swapping them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page