99-04 GT supercharger? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

99-04 GT supercharger?

I own a 06GT and was considering a 00-04GT and then putting a supercharger on it but i dont know what superchargers can go with these bodies.

So question is can a whipple, roush or saleen supercharger fit a regular GT? i dont car to much for the vortech or paxton whistle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_pony View Post
I own a 06GT and was considering a 00-04GT and then putting a supercharger on it but i dont know what superchargers can go with these bodies.

So question is can a whipple, roush or saleen supercharger fit a regular GT? i dont car to much for the vortech or paxton whistle
yea all of those company makes chargers for the v8s. depends on which one you go with you might need a new hood. also keep in mind the internals on these cars can only handle about 400rwhp. so if you plan on boosting you might want to forged the internal. (depending on how much power you want to make)

a man's most expensive hobby started with a 97 cent hotwheels

1999 saleen s281sc vert 11k miles #261/421 built 1/170 vert 1/10 exact combo
2000 Roush v6 sport 78k miles
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013
Apprentice

I agree, make sure you do all of the mods for this upgrade. I'm not trying to hate to each is own. I got a full set of black saleen rims and tires from a guy who installed his supercharger on a Thursday, put his new wheels and tires on the same evening. Blew his engine that evening and I was just about to hit the buy now on eBay when I decided to look at some more wheels for my stang. Found his ad, and I saved about $800.00, and he delivered them for free. Just make sure your doing all of the mods not just the one. I wish you well.

1999 Mustang GT, 4.6L v8 281ci, Auto w/Shift kit
AEN intake, Ford racing Headers, Flow masters 40
Steeda Underdrive Pulley, Bassani X-Pipe
4.10 Gears/8.8 Rear, Custom Sound System, Alarm
Running 93 Octane only, DropZone Struts/Shocks
H&R Springs 2" drop, BBK 78MM Throttle body, Dual Red Top Optima Batteries. Accel COP's. Registered with Shinoda Racing (Legacy 004)
Lambo Doors, Saleen racing wheels Nitto 555
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page