want to,make my,02 gr,healthy again. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

want to,make my,02 gr,healthy again.

Hey guys. Seems like everything is going wrong as soon as I hit 100k first off I have a rough idle sounds like I have a cam. The speedometer went out. And when I drive the odometer will get all dashes. Idk where to start or How.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013
Apprentice

Start with your plugs, then coil packs, cam position sensor. I would also clean out the throttle body. Your not providing enough info about what mods you have or is it the OEM engine? When you change your plugs use the OEM ones do it when the engine is cold. Take your time removing them, then tighten them up by hand very snug or torq then to about 11-14 lbs. If the gap is i.e. .45 gap them to .43 or .44.

1999 Mustang GT, 4.6L v8 281ci, Auto w/Shift kit
AEN intake, Ford racing Headers, Flow masters 40
Steeda Underdrive Pulley, Bassani X-Pipe
4.10 Gears/8.8 Rear, Custom Sound System, Alarm
Running 93 Octane only, DropZone Struts/Shocks
H&R Springs 2" drop, BBK 78MM Throttle body, Dual Red Top Optima Batteries. Accel COP's. Registered with Shinoda Racing (Legacy 004)
Lambo Doors, Saleen racing wheels Nitto 555
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

+1, need to do all the normal maint on it. plugs, COP boots, fuel filter, probably all fluids in the engine, tranny, power steering, rear end and coolant flush and brakes. Buy a new IAC and get cleaner for your MAF sensor. If you are getting a code for a cam position sensor or anything else, then i would change it. If not, i wouldn't until a CEL pops up.

Also look at your motor mounts, tranny mounts, ball joints, endlinks, bushings and such to see if they are bad and need changing.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Only mods are 4.10s streeda suspension. Short shifter. Catted x. Steeda catback. And a crappy cai. I had a lean code tho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page