2003 GT Manual Traction Issues
I've had this car for going on 4 years now, so when I say it isn't a right foot issue, I mean it. . . Anyway, recently my wheels have been rather unruly. Kicking out the back end when I'm just barely touching the pedal going around the corner kind of stuff. The seat of the pants feel is wrong too. Typically the tires are grippy enough to give me a good yank if I turn the wheel, but recently I'm almost having understeer because when I turn the wheel, the wheels just aren't being responsive. It's like driving on ice and I can't make sense of it. I'm curious thoughts. . . .
1) I drive with T/C Off, but even when I leave it on, the "driving on ice" feel does not trigger the T/C.
2) Tire tread is 30/40% if I had to ballpark, either way, definitely not flat. That is all 4 tires.
3) The symptoms occur whether the tires are hot or cold
4) It occurs asphalt and concrete.
5) The weather has been a little warmer recently, but today it was only mid 80s and it was still happening.
6) Tire Pressures are good. Checked them cold and they are where I'd like, and once they are at full temperature, they are under the max recommended.
7) There doesn't seem to be any obvious issues with anything else on the car.
8) While it is my "Toy" and not a DD, it does get driven at least 3 times a week, generally almost daily with recent weather.
9) I rotated them 2k miles ago.
So yeah, I'm at a loss. If anyone has any good ideas of things to look for I'd appreciate it. For reference the tires are Falken Ziex ZE912.
2004 Sonic Blue V6 Automatic ~ Daily Driver
(Standard Bolt-On's) 20 MPG
2003 Torch Red GT Convertible Manual ~ Toy
(Looks good, Sounds Good) 20k miles
You make Lemonade, I'll throw the lemons back at your face.