Does anyone know if the 99 wheel studs are the same as the 2000 wheel studs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Does anyone know if the 99 wheel studs are the same as the 2000 wheel studs

I stripped a stud last night and attempted to put one in myself. I hammered out the old stud (only took about 3 hits) and bought a new one from O'Reilly. I then tried to get the new one in using washers and a breaker bar to tighten the stud. The stud never went in all the way and I ended up stripping my new stud and nut. After my attempt I said f it and gave it to Kaufman tire.

Kaufman has me in their computer as a 99 mustang (my old mustang) and ordered me a wheel stud. They told me the stud didn't work and they ended up buying two more aftermarket studs and got nowhere with them. At the end of the night they came to the conclusion that the studs may be different for the 2000 mustang and they said they'd order me one from ford. If the ford one doesn't fit, then my spindle is crap.

So my question is, does anyone know if the 1999 front wheel studs are different from the 2000 front wheel studs. And if they are would they have damaged my spindle using the air gun?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

I woulda thought they were. Tried looking them up on both rockauto and autozone to compare part #'s but nothing came up when searching for "wheel stud" - apparently they must go by some other term?

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014
PONY Member
4.6L Member

They are all the same, I have "2002" studs in my 96 because ford didn't have "96" studs.

[COLOR="Black"][B]2004[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Torch red[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]mach 1[/COLOR] Cams, mac long tubes, lethal offroad X, magnaflow IRS exhaust, strange front coil overs, strange 14" 175lb springs, 4.30's, FRPP 31 spline differential, Moser 31 spline axles, steeda tri-ax, exedy 2 clutch, FRPP throw out, FRPP pilot bearing, MM clutch goodies, K&N poly intake, SCT tuned

[B][COLOR="black"]1996[/COLOR][/B][COLOR="DarkRed"] Lazer red GT[/COLOR], 2002 Pi swapped, stage 1 cams, shift kit, ram air intake, UPR offroad X, flowmaster dumps, 125 wet shot...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014
Rookie

i did the same thing but lucky me i have the entire front suspension of an 01 mach 1 in my garage and the studs were the same
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014
PONY Member
4.6L Member

They didn't make mach 1's in '01, try again.

[COLOR="Black"][B]2004[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Torch red[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]mach 1[/COLOR] Cams, mac long tubes, lethal offroad X, magnaflow IRS exhaust, strange front coil overs, strange 14" 175lb springs, 4.30's, FRPP 31 spline differential, Moser 31 spline axles, steeda tri-ax, exedy 2 clutch, FRPP throw out, FRPP pilot bearing, MM clutch goodies, K&N poly intake, SCT tuned

[B][COLOR="black"]1996[/COLOR][/B][COLOR="DarkRed"] Lazer red GT[/COLOR], 2002 Pi swapped, stage 1 cams, shift kit, ram air intake, UPR offroad X, flowmaster dumps, 125 wet shot...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page