96' mustang code p1443 and od off light blinking. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

96' mustang code p1443 and od off light blinking.

Hello! So here's the story. I bought this mustang about a week ago and the car checked out. It drove home smoothly but right before i pulled into my driveway the o/d off light blinked a couple times. No chokes or slips at the time. I pulled the codes and replaced the egr valve, egr pressure sensor, and transmission temp sensor. when i do actually drive the car is shifts great and doesn't choke for the first couple of trips. (i'm a delivery driver) then the symptoms begin to appear, rpm's rising for too long and the shift is rough, sporadic chokes or jerks, and o/d light begins blinking again. At that point i bring the car home and grab the jeep its terrible on gas but then again, for some reason the mustang is too at the moment. I've spent hours glued to the computer trying to figure out what this issue. i dont think its the tranny because if a mechanical issue has occured wouldnt i feel it 24/7? not when the car has had time to coast for awhile? cat converter? evap emission system issues? glitching computer? those are my wild guesses. i would appreciate any help, thanks!

oh! and the last code in the computer is P1443!

Last edited by limitless22x7; 03-27-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: forgot to post the remaining code
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Start first by looking at the condition of the EVAP lines going from the intake plenum to the right hand fender well. Replace if dry rotted or cracked.

The purge flow sensor is located in this same line. The purge flow sensor fails at a very high rate. It's cheap enough to replace for trouble shooting purposes.

If the problem continues look for a vacuum leak at the charcoal canister and further down towards the gas tank.

Also check the filler neck for rust through and the gas tank filler neck grommet for rot.

For the blinking transmission light, the Ford service manual states:

Transmission Control Switch and Lamp Operation
"EPC circuit shorted (lamp flashing) or monitored sensor failure"

2003 GT Convertible (sold & missed)
2000 GT coupe (Craigslist project. Fixed. Now my DD). Windsor to Romeo swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bad acceleration , check engine light , jerking , overdrive , p1443

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page