Like to have your opinion on this cold air rig. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Like to have your opinion on this cold air rig.

SR Performance Mustang Cold Air Intake (96-04 GT) - Free Shipping

On sale & price looks right for my 96 GT auto tranny. The video guy says u gain 27 HP.
pretty good gain for $60. bucks. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014
PONY Member

Most CAI's show pretty much no hp gain on the dyno but when combined with an actual dyno tune or handheld tuner most if not all of the gains are actually attributed to the new tune . Can an experienced tuner find you 20+ hp , some do however expect to pay ~ $400 for a tune/tuner .

So it's a good deal , it will get you as much hp gain as a $200 CAI , somewhere between 0-2 whp .

2000 Spring Edition ZY Mustang GT Convertible ....BBK CAI , BBK 70 MM TB , Flows , Hypertech Tuner , Vogtland 1.6" Springs , Tokico HP , MM CC plates , Steeda flsfc's , Bullitt Calipers , D/S 13" rotors , 03 Cobra Alum 17" mini-spare , Chrome Saleen 18x9/18x10 , 265/295 35 Potenza's , sequentials , rear honeycomb , smoked headlites , tint , CDC Bar , Mach chin spoiler , black bullitt fuel door , speedster tonneau .
!996 Pearl White/Black Lincoln MarkVIII LSC .... stock

Last edited by yllrgt; 04-01-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added comment
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Guy View Post
SR Performance Mustang Cold Air Intake (96-04 GT) - Free Shipping

On sale & price looks right for my 96 GT auto tranny. The video guy says u gain 27 HP.
pretty good gain for $60. bucks. Thanks.
Ohh the BS meter hits a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
I have that same cold air intake and it heatsoaked pretty quickly after installing, which makes it look terrible, and the bracket on the fender wall is rusting...spend your money on a nicer one.

+1 the above posts, you def will not gain 27 horsepower but throttle response will approve and they look nice under the hood. They also give a smother path for the air to travel in comparison to the stock intake. I personally think they (cold air intakes) are worth it as long as you buy them knowing you won't see as much horsepower as advertised.

Good luck!

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
Apprentice
4.6L Member

I bought the airaid Cai off americanmuscle even tho it was 230$, it still looks so much better, and I don't really like chrome Cai. Mines made of high grade abs plastic so it doesn't absorb near as much heat as a metal one does.

[/SIGPIC]2001 mustang gt - accufab throttle body/plenum and intake spacer, airaid cold air intake, ram hdx stage 1 clutch, optima yellow top battery , 3.73 gears with fresh replacement of bearings, sr short throw shifter, much more to come .
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
PONY Member
4.6L Member

If I was getting one I would get the JLT one for the same reasons posted above about the metal ones compared to the plastic ones!

2000 GT 5 speed
SMR #2415
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page