low coolant light on with bubbles in the tank - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

low coolant light on with bubbles in the tank

I was driving my car earlier, and i left a red light at half throttle didnt go wide open on it and the coolant light came on so I went home and popped the hood and the coolant level wasnt at the fill mark, it was about half way of the tank. I saw some wetness underneath the intake on the driver side of the engine block like on the head and down into the engine valley. I don't smell any coolant what so ever. Theres no coolant in the oil, and no oil in the coolant.

I went down the road again to see if the light was still on and the light never came back on after like 5 minutes of driving and this time at wide open throttle for a few seconds. but i did notice when I got home the 2nd time that the tank had bubbles flowing into it through the lower hose at the bottom of the tank. I carefully opened the radiator cap and it fizzed a little but nothing major and I was able to get it off when the car was hot and saw a white foam around the edges of the tank where to coolant level was at.

any insight on what the heck is going on?

BTW the car never ran hot or overheated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I found this pic on another thread of a guy replacing his intake with an aluminum crossover one. Mine has the aluminum crossover. Underneath my intake looks EXACTLY like this. It's dark and wet towards the front to about mid way of the block and goes up past the head towards the intake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397354589847.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	334697  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page