body kits - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Any Suggestions? body kits

I didn't know if this should go in talk or tech. Anyways I am piecing together a body kit, I love the Razzi rear end andI have some plans with the fenders from a metal shop but the front bumper has me lost. First off I don't want the cobra front end but most of the other bumpers look....ricey?? I guess can I get some opinions from the beehive on front ends that you have seen in person that give the SN95 that muscle car look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
you forgot to mention the year of your car it's hard to give an opinion with out that

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Try going online and checking out Cerveni body kits. You will be able to look at all their front end clips and they make a quality product. Best of luck.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thumbs up ugh I'm retarded

Sorry about that yes its a 2004 mustang gt. Yellow.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
roush looks good as does saleen. The 03 cobra is my favorite, then 91 cobra but you dont like those. I honestly would not put any body panels on which werent offered as a factory style but that is just me. Excluding cowl hoods and functional race spoilers of course.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Cobra body kit with shaved rear bumper.. Or cheaper route.. Throw a chin spoiler on front bumper and throw some cobra or bullitt side skirts on it. Like said above... Any kit really that wasn't offered from factory looks horrid. Saleen doesn't look bad.. Roush looks good.. Cobra has best body in any kind of anything in the entire world. I need a life..

[/SIGPIC]2001 mustang gt - accufab throttle body/plenum and intake spacer, airaid cold air intake, ram hdx stage 1 clutch, optima yellow top battery , 3.73 gears with fresh replacement of bearings, sr short throw shifter, much more to come .
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1...r00235183.html
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1...r00068252.html

So this is the plan. It isn't the roush or saleen. The reason for this is because the club we participate in is already heavily filled with roushes and saleens want to go a different route but at least stay respectable. Any comments on brand or "hell no's" all will be appreciated.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto674 View Post

So this is the plan. It isn't the roush or saleen. The reason for this is because the club we participate in is already heavily filled with roushes and saleens want to go a different route but at least stay respectable. Any comments on brand or "hell no's" all will be appreciated.
In my opinion,they will look great. I have installed that brand before.It is alot of work,cutting them to fit,drilling,sanding,and paint prep.

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto674 View Post

I was avoiding this thread on purpose, as I have nothing you want to hear to offer. But since you asked.....

No, no, and definitely hell no. That front bumper is a parody of a Saleen bumper, and the rear one makes me wish I could unsee it.

I honestly just cannot handle absolutely ANY of the aftermarket body kits for these cars. Actually, most cars. They all come off as pure cheese to me. IMO, all of that stuff comes at the cost of a bit of the car's dignity. Don't mean to sound like a Richard about it, just being honest.

BUT, it is YOUR car and YOUR money, so with another tidbit of honesty I would say that it doesn't really matter what any of us think so long as you're happy with however it comes out. My advice would be to go hit up some cars shows in hopes that you can see some of this stuff in person, as often there are things that might look pretty hot on your computer screen or in a magazine but not so much in real life, or vise versa.

And don't worry about trying to impress people in your car club who have Saleen and Roush Mustangs. You won't. Especially the guys with Saleens. They are quite convinced that they own God's gift to Mustangdom, and it is everybody else who is supposed to be impressed with their car, not the other way around. So whatever you do, do it for you.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Please no one buy that rear bumper!

The front one doesn't look too bad but if you don't do the sides and rear it wont look right because it is going to be way too low kind of like the cobra r bumper is. I cant stand it when people put the cobra r bumper on a stock v6 with nothing else done it it visually.

Are you doing wheels and tires? Cars with crazy body kits that don't have aftermarket wheels look 10x worse IMO.

2000 GT 5 speed
SMR #2415
Rookie

In my early days with my mustang, I did the cobra R bumper, hood, and fin. Since I have taken off the bumper and just went with cobra front and kept the rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
body , bumper , kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page