Water under rear seat - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Water under rear seat

Got a 99 GT convertible and I found water under the rear seat on the drivers side. All rear windows roll all the way up and seal. The top is in great shape so any ideas of where the water is coming in from?? Going to pull the rear seats out next weekend and put the hose to it but would like to have a stating point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang concept
Check heater

Check to see if the heater works it might be the heater seal. my girlfriend car passenger side filled with water cause the seal broker. Granite this was a ford focus. Just an idea.

2014 mustang 5.0, side louver, fp8 package, recaro race seats
My mods: BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, koni yellow adjustable struts, steeda heavy duty mounts, steeda panhard bar, steeda sport springs, Flow master outlaw cat backs, air raid synthamax cold air intake, SCT x4 tuner with Bama tunes, black emblems, black GT fuel door, illuminating door sills, raxiom smoked fog lights, 3.73 gears, JLT oil separator, GT 500 spoiler, MMD hood struts...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxedout View Post
Got a 99 GT convertible and I found water under the rear seat on the drivers side. All rear windows roll all the way up and seal. The top is in great shape so any ideas of where the water is coming in from?? Going to pull the rear seats out next weekend and put the hose to it but would like to have a stating point.
After you pull the rear seat you should find all kinds of crap in the well under the rear window. There is a drain in the rocker panel area just ahead of the rear wheel that was plugged up and overflowing into the footwell. That should cure your problem and you can also check if your hydraulic cylinders are starting to leak like mine were. Hope this helps!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks Boominup, will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page