Ford Mustang Forum banner

2003 GT wont start???

919 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  2008GT 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since my last post but now is time for another one! OK here goes... I have a 2003 GT that I was going to use as my winter car,(2014 Roush summer car) So I was getting ready to bring it out. Started the car it was idling. So I thought I had better check the tire pressure on the tires. All were low. I got the air compressor out filled all tires to proper psi. Put the compressor back in the garage. Was going to get in to car when it shook idled rough then died. I thought I ran out of gas even though it said I had an 8th tank.( Was going to gas station) So I bought 2 gallons put in tank. Cranked on it my battery died. Got the jumper out cranked on it nothing. Theft light was on. Disconnected the battery and charged it a couple days. I work 12 hour shifts so not much time to mess with cars until off days. Put the charged battery back in. No theft light. Turned the key on for 5 sec. then back off about 20 times to prime the car if I had ran out of gas. Tried to start it nothing just cranks and cranks. Tried the rest button in the trunk but it was already pressed down so I assume it hadn't tripped. So guys what the hell is wrong with this car? Thank you in advance!!!

#2 ·
How long have your winter stang sitting for? Use rubber mallet (small) tap on starter and have a friend/anyone to crank the car see if it starts. Other than that, you may try to use some carb-cleaner low directly to intake to start the car. If it does start then you have fuel related issue since you said you charged battery.
Goodluck mate.

#4 ·
Need a little more info. First check for spark. Theres a a tool u can get at any auto parts store its a light that hooks to your plug wire or in your case your c.o.p then try to start in if it lights up spark is there move on to fuel. Or just put a anything metal where your sparkplug hooks to the c.o.p have someone crank it if it shocks u sparks good

#6 ·
UPDATE...It was the fuel pump. Replaced it and the fuel filter back in business. New problem now is its spurtering (jerking like) during acceleration around 35,40 mph area. Baddly. Do you guys think it somehow fudged up a coil pack? No check engine light. Oh and also almost ran out of gas on the way to get gas after dropping the tank. Filled it completely up and now the gauge wont come off empty and the low gas light is staying on. Just over filled it you think? Should start working after I run some fuel out? Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.