Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 Mustang Coupe or Convertible?
View Single Post
post #81 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2013
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Damn since the Performance Package is out for the V6, the choice got harder for me between the coupe or convertible... The Performance Package is not available with the convertible, so here are my choices:

1) 2011 Ford Mustang Premium V6 6-Speed Manual
Performance White
Mustang Club of America Package
V6 Performance Package
Security Package
3.31 Limited Slip Rear Axle Ratio
HID Headlamps
19" X 8.5" Black Painted / Machined Aluminum Wheel
Saddle Leather Seats
Comfort Package
SYNC® In-Car Connectivity System
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Shaker 500 Audio System
AM/FM Stereo with Single-CD
Side Scoops
Pedestal Decklid Spoiler
For: $31,540

2) 2011 Ford Mustang Premium Convertible V6 6-Speed Manual
Performance White
V6 Premium Pony Package
Security Package
HID Headlamps
18-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
Saddle Leather Seats
Comfort Package
SYNC® In-Car Connectivity System
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Shaker 500 Audio System
AM/FM Stereo with Single-CD
Side Scoops
Pedestal Decklid Spoiler
For: $34,652

My thoughts:
- Too bad the Performance Package doesn't work with the Pony Package; I prefer the Pony Package over the MCA Package.
- The Convertible is about 3000$ more, but it's a convertible..., it's nice to drive in a convertible...
- The curves and shape of the Coupe is a bit nicer than the Convertible, and with these packages it really is a hit for me..., but it is nice to drive in a Convertible...

I'm looking to keep this car for some years to come, so I don't want to make the wrong choice, I really do like both; Coupe & Convertible. If it wasn't for the Performance Package, I'll get the Convertible, but since it's there...
In the long term, it might be better to go for the Coupe instead of the Convertible?

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome, it's a hard choice!!
Obviously it really is a matter of you deciding which "option" will generate the most fun! For me it is the convertible - even at the additional cost. For a couple of thousand you can do KONI Sport yellow adjustable shocks & struts, stiffer springs, summer tires of your choice. I don't think that loses much over the PP. In the end, the convertible will carry a better resale value, but the real issue should be what will give you the most fun

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome