Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013 base car, go double din or use a mounted tablet?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2013 Thread Starter
will_reed
Apprentice

2013 base car, go double din or use a mounted tablet?

Ok, here's what I have on hand to choose from.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
Sony XAV-70BT 7" (dvd and bluetooth, but no navigation)

I can't decide if I want to spend the money to put the Sony in my car, I'm looking at $300+ for the dash kit and steering wheel control hookup. I've had this HU in my last two vehicles and like it, but it is a little dated and doesn't have navigation. I'm also not crazy about any of the double din kits I've seen, and I'm not big on the screen placement either.

I'm kicking around the idea of using a good mount for one of the tablets (RAM I guess), hardwiring a charger and routing a wire through the dash to the aux port. That would give me navigation, and eliminate the need for bluetooth since I can play satellite radio, pandora, etc on the tablet. Heck, even youtube and netflix. Ha! But I won't have the dvd capabilities. I have unlimited 4G hotspot so data isn't an issue.

The tablet seems like a workable, low cost solution to me, what do you guys think?

2013 Mustang V6 - Race Red - 101A

20% tint, Draw-Tite 24863, WeatherTech FloorLiners, AM painted mirror caps, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome