Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Black stuff on my rims!!!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom810
It could very well be brake dust bro , whens the last time you had them changed ? and its common problem thats not too bad . But if you let it build up your rims very well may be ruined . Sand paper will most likely damage your rims , same thing happened to me on my eclispe with my 16's chrome. I used a very stubby white wall brush and white wall bleach that seemed to work (scrubbed em about 4 times). They were damaged a bit but I buffed em up with smothers chrome compound and that seem to make damage pretty unoticeable , hope that helps !
What kind of wheels are they?

You need to get some wheel cleaner (Eagle 1 works the best for me).

you need to know the kind, so you can get the right formulation.

It's a combination of brake dust, tar, dog pee, and whatever else your wheels come in contact with

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome