Thread: Gears
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99Stang
So does that mean u think I would need 4.10s then? I heard before that 4.10s would be better for an auto than 3.73s would. But which would make for better city gas mileage? What programmer would u recommend and where can I get it? I know the gears on that site are around $150 and install is usually somewhere between $250 and $300 isnt it? How much is the programmer and does it cost more to have that installed or would it be included? Also where can I get that Detroit Locker? thanks a lot kscoyote (and anyone else who happens to have some info for me)
programmer is usually around 350-400 dollars. Think of it like a bicycle, in stop and go, you want the lowest (numerically higher) gear, because you don't have to work as hard. It's the same with the engine in your car.

But trying to ride your bike on a highway in the low gear will kill you, and it's hard to pass. SO it's a trade-off.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome