Ford Mustang Forum banner

Alpine Perfect Fit DVD/Navi Install **Heavy Pics**

13K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  CarlowkillaG11 
#1 ·
I just finally finished up the install of the Alpine Perfect Fit system after a week long process. This consist of the dask kit which was a joint venture between Alpine and Scosche as well as the Alpine INE-Z928HD. The first true 8" aftermarket head unit.

Alpine Perfect FIT for Ford Mustang Install an Alpine navigation system in 2010-up Ford Mustang (Model KTX-MTG8) at Crutchfield.com

Alpine INE-Z928HD Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

As previously posted, this kit is not as plug and play as they tend to advertise. Much confusion between Alpine and their vendors as to the installation instructions to replace the Shaker 500 system.

After many hours of splicing, soldering, trial and error with the wiring harness, Resistors are not needed in the speaker leads as initially instructed!

It seems as if this Perfect Fit wiring harness is faulty and needs some modification in order to retain the factory side door subwoofers. Without modifying it, there was a horrible noise coming through the speakers. Crutchfield sent me a replacement Alpine wiring harness which was also faulty as well.

This will require a 12v - 5v converter attached to the amp turn on wire. If not, you will hear a loud pop when turning the car on an off.

I had to attached a separate Metra wiring harness in order to get the subwoofers working correctly and not sounding like crap.

I also decided to remove the stock USB and Aux ports in the console and replaced them with the supplied Alpine cables.

Decided to use the map light to hide the new microphone. You can see the microphone mount in the back still attached. Looks so much better now.

I have to say I am extremely impressed with the dedication and determination from Crutchfield tech support. Much thanks to Mike B and Chris B.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great! How are you watching netflix, through your phone internet? Was crutchfield the cheapest for this stuff, I've always found them to be a little pricey.

#3 ·
Looks great! What if you have heated seats?

#4 ·
Thanks, I love it, looks way better then even factory Navigation in my opinion.

In order to watch any video (Netflix, Youtube, etc..) on this unit, you need to use the supplied iPhone cable with your iPhone. This will not stream video via bluetooth, just audio.

Crutchfield has the best customer support as well as decent prices. For a system this expensive, I was not going to order through some shady online website.

Heated seats are retained using the touchscreen. They are the last button on the screen. If you look closely you will see the driver's heated seat is on.

#6 ·
Looks great, but the layout seems backwards to me. The large screen should be on top where you can look more directly at it. I leave my AC on auto and never touch it. I would never touch all those hard switches on top. Does it still have all the in-motion safety crap?

#10 ·
Did you look at the pictures? Clearly shows a metal bracket and some black box that would make it impossible to put a unit in any higher.

great looking setup! love the larger screen too, so pricey though
Yeah, 2100$, plus probably a couple more hundred if you can't install the stuff yourself. ESPECIALLY steep considering it isn't actually plug and play.

$600 just for the dash kit is astronomical. And that unit is probably the only one that fits I would imagine? I'm sure others have 8" screens in the works, if not already out there...haven't looked.

#12 ·
The price of the dash kit is $300 when purchased with the head unit through Crutchfield they give half off any dash kit.

There is still a black box of some sort behind the dash making it not possible to raise a head unit. This car has been out since 2010, It would have been done by now.

The only thing this kit does not retain is the outside temperature display.

Using the PAC-TR7, you can bypass the safety feature allowing video or navi controls while driving. I don't reccomend this however it is nice for a passenger.

#13 ·
Very nice. I have been back and fourth about putting this unit in my 11 Shelby. My question is for you is did you install the Sat adapter with this ? If so did you need to install a separate antenna, or were you able to connect the factory one ?

How hard was the install ? I am a system engineer, pretty handy electrical, but I am no expert. Did the MIC that is built in still work or did you have to use the MIC that came with the system ? If you want to send me any additional info or pics, you can to

Alos do you enjoy the system ? Is it worth it over lets say Kenwood offering ? I want the 8 inch screen...so thats why I been looking at this.
Tyoflor@Gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

#14 ·
very interesting
maybe you can tell us a little more what you had to do to modify the harness, also was there any loss to the steering wheel controls. I am also interested how the satilite antenna situation is worked out, use factory or replace it

#16 ·
Looks and feels like the car should have come with this from the factory. Color matches perfectly. Just wish I was able to add auto climate control since this has the capability to.

#18 ·
hello the install looks great! good job.
im new to the forum but have had several mustangs my current
car is a 2012 boss 302 with the worst radio possible lol.
i have already replaced the 4 6Ă—8s and made it a lot better but i want more.

would all this work with the base 4 speaker radio? i want to eventually upgrade it all like componets in the front , nice hu , and a 5ch amp or a 4 ch and sub amp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.