Thread: New Diff
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodstang01
Now before I buy it I want to ask you if the brakes are compatible and everything, do I need any other modification and what about the length? Is it larger or the same as my v6? What I meant is the dimension of the rear Gt and the v6 dimensions. I am looking at a 2000 Gt. For $500. What do you think?

Also you said that I should keep 3.27 gears. Ok here is my question: Can I find a Gt diff with those gears or I have to put them. I really donít want to get into changing gears. Because the GT diff come in different gear ratio. But I donít want to hurt my engine either. So one more time thanks and I really appreciate what you are doing
As long as they're compatible with your ABS system, everything will bolt on. The brakes are the same, the 2001+ cars have the same brakes as the GT. The dimensions are the same. It's purely a bolt in for a 2001+ car.

The GT if I remember correctly had the same gear ratio, but who knows what was installed in the car.

The way to check is to put the car in neutral, mark the driveshaft, and count the number of times the wheel turns to one turn of the driveshaft, while the rear of the car is on the stands.

If you turn the wheel 3 1/4 times for one revolution of the drive shaft, they're 3.27s, 3 1/2 turns, they're 3.55s, 3 3/4 turns = 3.73s, 4 turns are 4.11s.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome