Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Finally listened to my stereo...it suck$
View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2013
Grampstang
Apprentice

I have a 2011 V6 Ford Mustang with a Shaker 500 and Navigation system. I previously upgraded the speakers in the doors and the rear deck with 4 Infinity REF 8602cfx's. I recently installed a Sony XM GS400 amp to provide more power to the door and rear deck speakers. I thought about wiring in a sub, but I think I’m a bit too old for a car with a booming bass. I installed the amp by using the PAC AOEM FRD24 harness. I used PAC harness to convert the head unit’s high level outputs to a line level signal source. This signal was then feed to the amp's inputs. I spliced into the PAC harness wires instead of cutting into my Stang’s wiring harness.

The biggest PITA for me was getting the connectors out of the back of the head unit. Once I was able to get them out, everything else was a breeze.

Every available function with the Shaker 500 and the NAV system worked perfectly. The audio system sounds great now.
While the speakers in the Mustang TRULY SUCK (I threw the old speakers in the garbage where they belonged), I mostly upgraded the sound system because I’m retired and need to get a life.

2011 Kona V6 Auto, Premium, 3.31 Rear End, Pony Package, NAV System Electronics Package, Comfort Package, Security Package, Remote Start, Rear Video Camera, Deck Lid Panel, Quarter Window Louvers, Side Scoops.

Mods: C&L CAI, Bama Tune (93H), BBK TB, Magnaflow Street Axel Backs, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Pony Engine Cover, MMD Hood Struts, Window Tint, Sony XM GS400 amp, Four Infinity Ref 8602cfx Speakers, Weathertech Floormats.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome