Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Finally listened to my stereo...it suck$
View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2013
ColonelPanic
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHeinold View Post
I have to disagree. I updated my door speakers and then got an active processor (JBL MS-8) and it made a HUGE difference with stock head unit. It actually sounded amazing. I did amp my door speakers and rear speakers as well.
This sounds about right. I remember hearing somewhere that ford spent all this money to equalize the head units on these cars, but then put in these crap speakers and the ranges still don't sound so hot even with higher-end speakers. So a post-processor and speaker swap does a good job of solving both of those problems, while not having to muck with the head unit at all.

Too bad Amazon wants almost five bills for one and they say it won't fit my car!

Silver - the fastest color.

2013 Mustang GT P 6M: Second Generation MT-82, Barton shifter and bracket, Catch can, MMD hood struts, Blendmount, Bama 93R. Next up - Headers and off-road X pipe, axle backs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replica: $400? No. I'm good. Stock one is fine. It throttles and bodies just fine.
Rawbeef:
Sorry to pile on... But is your wife named Bubba?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome