Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 0-60 and 1/4 times?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex117
Ok so I have a friend that has a 97 gt and he's been wantin to race for a while now. I didn't want to race him cause I figured its an 8 I'll lose; but considering it's an older stang I'm curious what his 0-60 and 1/4 specs are?He is bone stock except for flowmaster mufflers and it's an auto. Also where I live the nearest track is an hour and a half away so I have no idea what my times would be; so mayby somebody could tell me 0-60 and 1/4 specs on a 2002 v6 and help me get a gauge of where I stand?

Thanks for the help
www.car-stats.com

Car-Stats.com Report for 1997 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from C&D August, 1997
0-60: 6.6 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.1
1/4 Speed: 92

Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Ford Mustang
Obtained from Web April, 1999
0-60: 7 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.5
1/4 Speed: 84

Stock, he'll beat you to 60, but the split-port manifold opens up, and the six can catch 'em in the 1/4 mile.

They're even closer with the autos . . . Tack on a second for an automatic.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome