Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 3.8l won't start
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nuttybuckeye
The engine quit while driving this morning. It didn't sputter or anything, it just died. I coasted to the side of the road and I called my wife to bring me gas. I was low and thought maybe I had ran out before making it to the gas station. Once I filled the tank the engine would crank but would not start. I can hear the fuel pump run. My father helped tow me home. We pulled fuses (all ok), pulled a spark plug out and grounded it against the block and cranked the engine. We saw a little bit of a spark (not blue, more yellow to red). We also noticed that the plug was not wet with fuel. Any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks,
John
try disconnecting the battery for 30 secs to reset the computer. If it runs low, sometimes it'll go into a safe mode to avoid a lean situation.

Then pump the pedal ONCE while the switch is ON, THEN turn the key all the way.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome