Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Automatic 6R80 Switch = SPORT MODE not Hill Assist !!!
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2013
GT Member
jsimmons's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,432
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
The 6R80 (Auto Trans) is very similar to the ZF 6 Speed Automatics used in BMWs and Jaquars.

Ford calls the button on the handle "Hill Assist". BMW and Jaguar have switches on the console and they call theirs..... "SPORT MODE". I've owned several automatic BMWs and have used these feature a lot! Can you say FUN!

I can't believe Ford messed up by NOT calling this function "SPORT MODE". What bunch of knuckleheads in their Marketing Division.
For the 2012, it's called "Hill Assist".

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here:
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance ( in San Antonio
jsimmons is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome