Thread: Exhaust Help
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2006
tex117
GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_01
I have a 97 v6 stang and just got a catback exhaust. I installed 2 40 series flowmaster mufflers. I used 2" pipes from the cataylic converters to the mufflers and then 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car. I wanted to know if 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car would create a lot of back pressure and would I lose power? Also, I was think of changing the 2" pipes from the mufflers to rear end of the car and change it 3" pipes would i lose power and will the sound become more deep and loud. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
I'm runnin 2" duals all the way back and It works fine. the v6 doesn't breath that much so having that little bit of back pressure helps retain power. 2.25" would give some HP but not as much as 2" and with 3" you would lose HP.

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome