Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Got frpp 3.73 put in today... hearing faint gear howl
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2013
Blaseleblanc
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Impossible to tell because there is only a small difference in the thickness of the inner bearing race between the early and late bearing.

But, just the way the ad is worded and they way they have the optional bearing listed makes me believe that to get the late bearing you have to order it from the drop down menu separately. This is how others in the past had to do to get the correct one.

Now, like I said, if your installer replaced the outer race of that inner bearing that fits into the axle housing then the early bearing should work. This is not something that most installers do as it is sometimes a real PITA to change.
I would have done the drop down, but it didn't make any sense to me to pay for two bearing sets. I see AM hasn't chimed in on this yet.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome