Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Cooling system problems
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy95v6
Recently I started having problems with my cooling system. It is a 95 v6 with 106,000 miles. It will run cold when I first start it up for longer than usuall, then rapidly get hot. The temperature gage will rise and fall from near the "N" to over heating while driving. Also it takes along time for heat to come out of the heater even after the water temp gage has been in the normal zone for awhile. When I get heat it will only last for a few minutes and then cool back down.

I changed the thermostat and did not see any changes. Also the fan appears to be working normally. I have noticed a small amount of oil in the antifreeze, however no antifreeze in the oil or white smoke out of the tail pipes. It could be that I have a blown head gasket, but I am not sure.

Any suggestions
head gaskets, most likely

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome