View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2006
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor_Mustang
I am just offering an alternative to that individual. Your response isn't called for...

Besides you are a GT driver that only has a stock single stage intake, not a variable. And you aren't even suppose to be in here because this is for V6 owners only.

For all of you that don't know what a variable intake is, here is a picture of one...

http://www.angelfire.com/in4/00mustang/gallery7.html This is not my car, but its a V6 with a 3.8L that has the variable intake as well...

Types of cars that use this are the Acura NSX, Toyota Supra (non turbo), Nissan 350Z (I believe, not absolutely sure), and some pocket rockets, just to name a few. I didn't have this feature in my Camaro but now that I have it I love it. Even though you have an OHV engine you can stil get the preformance of a DOHC out of it to a degree, because Ford was kind-enough to put it on Ford Mustang V6 engines from (???? -2004 and the new V6's have it as well), Proven technology...

NOTE: I may be wrong about the swirl or resonance one... The reason is because 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder inline engines usually use the swirl effect. The resonance effect is usually used by Boxster and V-style engines.

here is another site that tells you more...
http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...h_engine_2.htm
Tex had me picked. I was only joking, and for the people who've been here awhile, or lurked awhile, or read the posts awhile, can tell you, there are about 20 other threads on "the turdinator."

The modular engines have something like this built in that fixed some issues with the ealier versions of the engine. So, adding a turdinator would be a waste of time, and money.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome