Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - "The Turbonator..."
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor_Mustang
You are wrong about that... The modular's are all single stage intakes because they are meant for power, not driveability. (I have done lots of research on Mustangs and other cars and the mustang gt doesn't include variable intakes. They have intakes that are single stage and that accelerate air into the cylinders but they don't have the little bump in horsepower that occurs about 3700 rpms that the v6 has. This bump is when the variable intake changes from long to short runners. The power is increasing smoothly and then a sudden decrease in the steady climb and then it starts pulling strong again.

Sorry, but I don't have a sense of humor... But I do apologize...
The swirl comes from the head design, not the intake. the variable intake increases volume.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome