Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Semi-Automatic Transmissions?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2006
ts3096
Rookie

If you are talking about the same clutch-less style trasmission that I am, you can't use it on the street. A clutchless transmission, like a Liberty, G-Force or Doug Nash, used for drag racing can not be up shifted without completely stopping the car.

The only other type of "semi-automatic" transmisison that I know of are the pneumatically shifted trannies, they use a button like in Indy cars or a paddle in most street cars that use them, but you normally only find them in the high end porsches, lambos or ferraris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangV6Man
Thanks for the reply. Before the 05 Mustangs came out I was looking into getting one and had a book on the options that would be available. I am not sure If I should post this question in the 05 forum but do you or anyone else know if this was an option that was available?

I am looking into get a GT or that new Cobra :kooky: by the end of the year, but I did not want an automatic and I do not want the manual. I want the "clutchless manual" where I can change the gears but not have manual depress clutch i want it down automatically. Any reply appreciated.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome