Thread: Gear Question
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02v6Mustang
The guy with the camaro said that if he could beat me off the line then he would pretty much beat me down the whole stretch. I've never raced him so i dont know much about his car. I know that it's a 1995 Camaro V6 Auto with a bone stock motor. However I am pretty worried about the eclipse. It registers 160 and i've riden with him when he's been up to 130 on it and my top speed limiter only lets my car get up to about 115 and it takes forever for it to get there. And another thing is he raced one of my buddy's a while back who has a 2001 Mustang V6 Auto just like mine and beat him. That was my reasoning for asking how much it would help if i put 4.10's the rear.
http://www.car-stats.com/stats/shows...tsgivenid.aspx

Car-Stats.com Report for 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Obtained from R&T November, 2001
0-60:
Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
Obtained from C&D May, 2002
0-60:
Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

I don't know what the designation is for the 4 cylinder. The GTS's gearing get's him to 60 faster, but it's within a couple of tenths for a manual Mustang v6.

The regular GT manual is within a couple of .1s.

Does your friend know how to powerbrake?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome