Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Unique Experience or Bad Hose
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurle
Here is an interesting experience from today. I was waiting to merge onto the interstate to get back home, when I had a clear shot, but it was very small. I hit the throttle, rolled through 1st, into 2nd, and then nothing but white smoke coming out the back. I pulled into the university and check out the car, something blew becuase there was coolant everywhere. I was hoping that it wasent anything serious. Baffled and with no tools I tried it again staying off the interstate and kept on the side roads watching the temp guage. I pulled up to the next light smoking like a 76 beetle, and I saw a auto repair place about 200ft down the road, I cranked the wheel took her in and shut it down coasting to a stop, still belching white smoke. The guy came out and asked if Im having car trouble, I wasent in a good mood but I did remain calm instead of telling him about the after market smoke machine I installed and Im here to show it off. All In all it turned out to be the return on the heater core. Anyone heard of this before? Blowing a coolant line from accelerating or was it just the hoses time? $50 fix on the hose and I did half the work!
I've got 116, and all my hoses are fine.

Done any cleaning lately?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome