Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrome exhaust tip question?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Humboldt Stang 
#1 ·
got my 06 gt/vert . Where can I find tips that dont show the bolt or welds from the out side of the car? Or if I go to axel backs wich ones wont dron @ 65/70 or be to louad in the car? deep and rich is what I would like. the stock ones dont sound bad at all.

#2 ·
btorlv said:
got my 06 gt/vert . Where can I find tips that dont show the bolt or welds from the out side of the car? Or if I go to axel backs wich ones wont dron @ 65/70 or be to louad in the car? deep and rich is what I would like. the stock ones dont sound bad at all.
I know Corsa would match those cuz it has no drone and isnt louder than stock other than at WOT. Plus they have 4" tips. BUT, I don't really like the sound, kinda raspy, and not as deep as some of the others. The other ones I was considering was Borla, and Bassani. Bassani is a little cheaper so I'm going with them. Both are pretty much as deep as you can go with just axle-backs.

#4 ·
Snackmaster said:
I'll put my vote in again for the MAC Axlebacks. 4 inch chrome rolled tips with an angle cut. It fills up the cutouts nicely as well. I got mine at www.brenspeed.com for $332 with free shipping. There is a slight drone around the 2k mark but it's not bad at all.

Just my .02

Snack.
Only slight drone? I was looking into them too, until KJ, and some other guys practically said it made their ears bleed from the drone.:shrug

G
#5 ·
Seriously, mine's not bad at all. Where there is drone you can just speed up a tad and it's completely gone. If i'm around two grand on the tach say around 65 or so I notice it but say 67 to 70 it's completely gone. I can see how it would be a tad annoying if you were somehow stuck at the speed or rpm range but literally going one or two mph faster or slower and it's completely gone.

It's a daily driver and I have no fears or bleeding ears :thumbsup

Snack

#6 ·
What you just described is the borla catback, you cant find any welding unless you put your head under the car, the chrome tips are bigger than factory, shinier (chrome) and sound thrilling, it is the true mustang sound IMO. drone does NOT exist, although around 2 rpm the sound gets thicker, but I don't think you can call that drone. I was actually scared about the drone thing, but I am so happy about it, I got it yesterday, it was expensive, and I love it, wouldn't trade them for the world. good luck

#7 ·
btorlv said:
I just can't afford to re-do my exhaust right now so I went with the Pypes Exhaust 4" ss tips. They cost me $40 plus another $40 to have my local place put them on. I get lots of compliments:thumbsup on the look. Their website is www.pypesexhaust.com .

#8 ·
btorlv said:
I have JBA axle backs and love them. Big, 3", rolled, polished tips and they sound awesome *outside* the car. No drone at all, at any RPM. Everyone says they sound killer when I drive by but I never hear a thing, inside, except a pleasant rumble.

http://www.throttlehorseracing.com/video_gallery/2005%20Mustang%20gt%20JBA%20exhaust.wmv
Here's the video GXSILVER made of his. My car is exactly the same, performance-wise. No mods to anything that would make it sound different, except the mufflers.

People comment on the nice, rumbly sound.

#9 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.