Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013 v6 engine sounds like a tractor. HELP!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2013 Thread Starter
manbo
Apprentice

Question 2013 v6 engine sounds like a tractor. HELP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOQM...e_gdata_player

The sound at the beginning is valve train to me, but what is the tractor sound? I've been running the 87 street tune from BAMA and put in the Airaid CAI a couple weeks ago and it's been fine until yesterday. Power is still there, sound is not really apparent until you pop the hood. I took it back to stock and this video is taken after a very slow run around the block.

I'm freaking out here, and will have to take it into the dealer, but was hoping someone who has experience with this sound could help enlighten me. Sounds are coming from the passenger side, slightly less loud when warmed up, and I mean slightly.

Display showing normal oil pressure, oil is good (changed end of March and is full) car seems to shift and drive normal, AFR reading on the display is normal as well.

Searched forums but can't quite find exactly what it may be. I have some ideas, but I'm dreading taking it into the dealer... afraid I'll be paying for any repairs out of pocket, which is just my luck after waiting over a year before tuning to ensure everything is good. ****.

If anyone knows what that is, thanks for the help!
2013 v6 automatic

2013 Mustang V6 Premium Pony Package, Sterling Gray
FRPP Sport Axle Backs - Stack Racing Front Strut Brace - Airaid CAI - JLT Oil Separator

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome