Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Stock 04: Want supercharger and want warrenty intact... need advise please
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Noob
So, I couldn't wait and said forget the warrenty if it voids it.

Inspired by you guys I added the dual exaust and now want to get the after-market computer chip and a turbo or a super charger.

What do you guys think would be best for something that is reliable, doesn't require much mainenance/tweaking. I have to have it installed at a shop because there just isn't any free time to do the stuff myself and i want to kind of set it and forget it for year or so until there is more time to tweak.

What would be the best for power, price and reliability without much maintinance, turbo or supercharger?

Some superchargers I've seen at places linked in the stickies in this forum are running about $3k not installed and thats too much for now. I was hoping to get the turbo or charger and the aftermarket chip for about $2k installed. Wishful thinking or is it possible?

Thanks for all the help. If something does happen with the warrenty I'll bust their balls until they cover the work or tell me to F off... or both.

I'm going to start calling shops after the holiday.
1) it will void the warranty on the engine, but ATI provides its own warranty

2) SC is less costly and generally more reliable than turbo.

3) if you want under 2K you're going to have to look for a rebuilt modded T-Bird Roots SC. You're generally not going to find a new unit for less than 2800.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome