Here was my solution to the crappy sound system (4 speaker, non-Shaker) in a '13 base model V6 with Sync:
- Stock HU; $0, made by decent manufacturer (sounds that way, at least)
- Kenwood KAC-7005 5 channel amp 40W RMS x 4; 300W RMS x 1
- x 4 Kicker KS-68 2-60W RMS 6x8 speakers
- x 1 10" Pioneer sub TS-SW2501S4, 300W RMS continuous, 20hz lows
- KnuKoncepts 4 gauge amp kit
- Custom sub box for '11-'14 Pony cars, goes on right side of trunk
- x 2 Fosgate 16' RCA cables
- x 2 RCA line-out converters
- 25 sq ft of HVAC butyl rubber/aluminum self-adhesive insulation (just like name brand stuff except much cheaper)
I've only installed the front two speakers since those were easy, and I'm waiting on having enough time to do the rest. I figure this will be a decent system at reasonable cost that avoids my being forced to buy over-priced, off-brand equipment at an audio install place that wouldn't match specs like I wanted (not looking to blow up the block). Plus, I can do the install with much more care and attention to detail than anywhere else.
Sent by the Trashiest Squid since 1993.
"The Trashiest Squid since 1993."