Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Share those D'oh! Moments!
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2006
samckernan
Rookie

Well, several week back, while going to Federal Way in the Mustang, I managed to do a complete 360 on 405 Southbound just as I was merging from 520 Westbound.

The two right lanes of 405 were congested with the people that were in front of me on the ramp and some traffic that was already there. The two left lanes were wide open. I looked over my shoulder and there was no traffic comming from behind for a good 1/4 mile.

What do I do? I nail the gas, and shoot over 3 lanes. When I shift to third, the back end starts sliding out. I think to myself no problem, traction control will kick in and the engine power out will be reduced... I stayed on the gas... Only problem is, I turned off the traction control earlier and forgot.

Next thing I know, I'm doing a 360 on the freeway. As I'm spinning around, I'm watching the concrete barriers flash by... then I'm facing the wrong direction on 405... then I see the cars that I had passed pass me on the left. Finally, I come to a stop in the 3rd lane, the engine had stalled. I fire it up and take off checking my rearview mirror. Traffic was comming up behind me rapidly... Six seconds later I'm back up to 60 mph like nothing ever happend.

I'm sure everyone around me was impressed (not). Ever hear the term sewing machine legs? It's where your legs are shaking uncontrollably. Yeah that was me.

samckernan

Seattle, WA
05 Mustang GT, Black on Black
Chrome Cobra knock-off Wheels
Flowmaster American Thunder

My other car:

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=4985C2C5-2F76-4960-AF51-84F3C1AF36D4

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome