Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Just a Few Gears Questions...
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99Stang
yeah i looked at the detroit lockers. i cant figure out where to buy one though. whats wrong with the FRPP lockers? i found those on the internet. someone said once that u have to basically reinstall the locker like every 30,000 miles if u get that one...why would they make it that way? i dont even know if ill have it for that much longer anyways so well see (might move up to GT). i do mostly city driving but my share of highway driving too. i think 3.73s will do fine but if anyone doesnt think so then let me know. thanks!!
yeah, the FR unit is a clutch style unit, and the clutches generally last between 30-50,000 miles.

For the Detriot Lockers, go to the website, and call for the nearest dealer, or see if you can find a wholesaler near you.

The reason they make the FRs that way is NVH, and cost.

3.73s will work fine -if you have an auto, make sure you get the speedometer and computer calibrated.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome