Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Share those D'oh! Moments!
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2006
RTH Jimmy
S197 Member

This one was not my fault but still a good one. I had a 93' Vibrant White special edition LX convertible before my 05 GT. I had a Cobra R cowl hood installed and the bumpers & side molding repainted.

After a week and half of waiting, I got my car and was very happy. That night I was going out on the town with a friend. I get to the expressway entrance and gun it. Well, all I see is this flash of white and then I realize my hood has blown open, it smashes in the cowl and then detaches and flies away like a kite. My friends is like holy crap all I say is STFU and take a moment to realize what happened. Luckily, my hood did not hit another car and it landed in the far right lane which traffic was avoiding it. I ran down the sholder and retreived my new hood, dropped my convertible top stuff my hood vertically behide the front seats. So, I am driving down the expressway with no hood top down with a the remains of old hood stuffed behinde me heading back home.

Neddless to say I got quite tosted that night at the bar.

Bodyshop neglected to attach the saftey latch! And beleive me you, I let that Mo have it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic000.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	16305  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome