Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Looking to Upgrade the Sound System
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2013
trashysquid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashysquid View Post
Here was my solution to the crappy sound system (4 speaker, non-Shaker) in a '13 base model V6 with Sync:

- Stock HU; $0, made by decent manufacturer (sounds that way, at least)
- Kenwood KAC-7005 5 channel amp 40W RMS x 4; 300W RMS x 1
- x 4 Kicker KS-68 2-60W RMS 6x8 speakers
- x 1 10" Pioneer sub TS-SW2501S4, 300W RMS continuous, 20hz lows
- KnuKoncepts 4 gauge amp kit
- Custom sub box for '11-'14 Pony cars, goes on right side of trunk
- x 2 Fosgate 16' RCA cables
- x 2 RCA line-out converters
- 25 sq ft of HVAC butyl rubber/aluminum self-adhesive insulation (just like name brand stuff except much cheaper)

I've only installed the front two speakers since those were easy, and I'm waiting on having enough time to do the rest. I figure this will be a decent system at reasonable cost that avoids my being forced to buy over-priced, off-brand equipment at an audio install place that wouldn't match specs like I wanted (not looking to blow up the block). Plus, I can do the install with much more care and attention to detail than anywhere else.

Sent by the Trashiest Squid since 1993.
Installed yesterday and this setup is plenty for anyone not trying to blow up the block. Music range is great, especially the highs, and the Pioneer sub is great. However, I did have to make the opening in the sub box bigger because that sub was a bit larger than most 10" subs. A Dremmel tool made quick work of the MDF, though. Also, be sure to use Dynamat or an equivalent...if you don't, you most certainly will get vibration in the read deck area.

The Trashiest Squid since 1993.

"The Trashiest Squid since 1993."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome