Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - phenolic spacers???????
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmagn13
Hey, I was wondering if phenolic spacers would help my 2002 V6 Auto?... also where can i find one??? they are really hard to find...Also do throttle body Spacers do anything? everyone said that replacing the Throttle body will not really do anything??? what could i expect from each of these Spacers?
FLex used to make 'em here. If you have the equipment, you could make your own. Sheets of Phenolic material are pretty cheap. Just take a pencil, make an outline of the bottom of the upper intake manifold, etch the phenolic material, and cut away.

Make sure you use proper breathing equipment, because the material's pretty nasty if inhaled.

The spacers increase the volume of the plenum, and keep the upper intake cool.

a 3/4 inch spacer is good for 9 hp. a 1/2" spacer's good for around 6 hp.

If you have someone do it, it usually costs around $90. Pretty good bang for the buck.

Forget about ANY TB spacer, you can pick up a few hp with a half-shafted and ported STOCK TB, but any more than that, and you'd need a lot more cam before you gained much on a 65-70mm TB.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome