Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Mustang V6 Driveline Vibration when letting off gas
View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhonaizer View Post
have now contacted ford customer service, they tell me to take it back to the dealership... 2 1/2 hrs away.. and have the dealership dyno the car for viabration???? when I called the dealership and told them that I was coming down for a dyno test well they said that they don't have a dino tester???? So now what??? whitney ont. (walkin distance to Algonquin park,on.
I sent you a PM, fhonaizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhance View Post
I registered on this forum just now after finding this thread. My 2014 3.7 suffers from this same issue. I purchased it on April 2nd, 2013 and currently have 6,400 miles on it. The vibration has been happening occasionally since ~1,500 miles or so. I can now almost always reproduce it on command. Typically occurs when lifting somewhere in the 2-3k RPM range, but can also happen higher up in the rev band. It was very disconcerting at first, as I thought perhaps I had done some type of damage. I am, IMO, easy on the car. Rarely above 5.5k, never above 6.5k, no hard shifting or crazy hooning. It is my DD. I'm not sure if I need to take it to the dealer or if it just a byproduct of the design?

I also have a rattle that occurs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th under very light acceleration that sounds like something is loose around the firewall. I have visually inspected and found nothing. I installed the Roush axle-backs around 3,800k which mitigated the noise somewhat under most conditions. Should I take the car back to the dealer (about 1 hour away) or see if the issues worsen over time?
Hi johnrhance,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer and have them check it out. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome