Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?!
View Single Post
post #91 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2006
fishingjts
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMyStang
:handball: Sorry, I just cannot see how a V6 with SuperCharger would be less then a GT, i would say about the same price, but still with less options. (ie GT includes rear anti sway, and 17" wheels hp Tires, painted lower rockers, etc).
From what i understand, SC'ers are like $5 to $6K, and if installed aftermarket, well.............there goes the 3/36.

Even putting on the 2006 Pony package would still be a $1,300 option, there by bring the price closer to the GT.

(own-See Gallery)
The Explorer Express X-Charger will be 3500 to 4000. It should be easy enough for even me to install! LOL! Based on early results should put the power right inline with a GT. So lets say $4500 total..

A GT would have cost me $8000 more than my V6.. so that leaves $3500... I can buy A LOT of GT take off parts for $3500! LOL! Have you ever priced GT take off parts? Pretty darn cheap...

Personally I just could not bring myself to pay the ridiculous dealer markup.. And finding a Yellow GT was pretty much impossible..

And besides having a 13 second V6 is more fun then a 13 second GT... LOL! It tends to surprise moer people... especially since I have the V6 grill (surprising how many people thing fog light automatically means GT! LOL!) and I'm still running a single exhaust!

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome