Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Anyone with Shaker 500/SYNC used the PAC audio interface?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2013
Grampstang
Apprentice

I have a 2011 V6 Ford Mustang with a Shaker 500 and Navigation system. I previously upgraded the speakers in the doors and the rear deck with 4 Infinity REF 8602cfx's. I decided to keep the head unit (I'm perfectly happy with it), but I also installed a Sony XM GS400 amp to provide more power to the door and rear deck speakers. I thought about wiring in a sub, but I’m a bit too old for a car with a booming bass. I installed the amp by using the PAC AOEM FRD24 harness via the included OEM-1 interface. I used the PAC harness/interface to convert the head unit’s high level outputs to a line level signal source. This signal was then feed to the amp's inputs. I spliced into the PAC harness wires instead of cutting into my Stang’s wiring harness.

The biggest PITA for me was getting the connectors out of the back of the head unit (not much room in the back). The head unit connectors have to be removed because the PAC harness is installed between the car's harness and the head unit. Once I was able to get the connectors out, everything else was a breeze.

Every available function with the Shaker 500 and the NAV system worked perfectly. The audio system sounds great now.

With respect to separately controlling the volume level of the SYNC voice, you will have to send it through the AMP. However, if memory serves me correctly, there is a volume adjustment somewhere in settings that allows you to adjust the voice level. I'm in Germany right now and can't give you anymore info about the voice control setting.

2011 Kona V6 Auto, Premium, 3.31 Rear End, Pony Package, NAV System Electronics Package, Comfort Package, Security Package, Remote Start, Rear Video Camera, Deck Lid Panel, Quarter Window Louvers, Side Scoops.

Mods: C&L CAI, Bama Tune (93H), Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Pony Engine Cover, Magnaflow Street Axel Backs, JLT Catch Can, Permanent Removal of Adaptive Shifting Mod, MMD Hood Struts, MMD Black Tail Light Trim, Window Tint, Sony XM GS400 Amp, Four Infinity Ref 8602cfx Speakers, Weathertech Floormats.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome