Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Anyone with Shaker 500/SYNC used the PAC audio interface?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2013
Grampstang
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
Gramp, how long did the DIY install take?

I'm probably just going to have it done. For $150-$200 labor I don't need to lose a day of my life and shred my knuckles on plastic edges.

Oh and the Kenwood has been ordered....

Happy Father's Day to me
Since you've already upgraded your speakers, your well on your way.

It took me about three hours to do the actual installation of the amp (running the power, ground, remote turn on and speaker wires). However, I spent about as much time researching the wiring so I would know which wires on the new harness needed to cut and spliced. I used the link below to obtain the wiring and removal of the head unit information I needed. If your installer hasn't used this harness before, the information regarding the details of the vehicle will make his job a lot easier.

Ford Service Manuals - 2011

At home (I'm in Germany and won't be back home for a couple of more weeks), I have drawings and connector pin out information that indicate which wires need to be cut and spliced. Anyway, the installer does this for a living and he should be able to get the job done in no more than 3 to 4 hours even if he has no experience with the harness, but has access to the above link.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome