Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Anyone with Shaker 500/SYNC used the PAC audio interface?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2013 Thread Starter
MCA2011
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Gramp, thanks agin. I saw those schematics, but they don't seem to provide any that show the HU, 5x7s and subs/sub amp together.

Here's what I think I want to have done.

1. Use PAC interface to avoid needing to hack & splice the factory wiring / harness.

2. Run PAC RCA and remote on to amp being mounted in the trunk. Also run power from battery to amp

3. Pull the stock wiring harnesses from the rear speakers and run the speaker outs from amp directly to rear speakers.

4. Run front speaker outs back to PAC unit and splice into PAC harness's front speaker leads, which as i understand should seamlessly tap the amp into the front speakers. This is the step I am unsure about and assumes the 4F/R speakers are powered directly from the HU. I have been unable to verify if the Shaker 500 uses an outboard full range amp, but as far as I can tell it does not and is integrated in the head unit. So if this assumption is correct, this should get the job done without cutting a single factory wire.

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome