Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?!
View Single Post
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
kscoyote, that brings to mind somethin i was thinkin ever since 2000 when i bought my v6 stang...and yeah...the only reason i bought it was i couldnt afford the insurance on the gt back then...anyway i've always been really bothered that the v6 stang is so damn weak in comparison to what other car makers get from their v6...my v6 stang in its stock form was being smoked by maximas...accords...jettas...dont even get me started on what porche and bmw do with a v6...shame on ford for makin one of the weakest v6 engines ever to sit in a car...hell a taurus sho can outrun a v6 stang and ford made it...whats up with that?
except maybe the 140 hp 5.0L?

If they made a 6 with the same 250 hp as a VR6, the 3.5L Maxima, and other special edition cars that cost 10-20,000 more -why would anyone buy the GT? It would have nearly as much hp, weigh less, handle better, and likely cost more.

Sorry the VR6 Nissan 3.5L. etc., can eat a pre-99 GT for lunch. Some of them will take a 99-04 GT.

But those are flagship cars. No standard Accord, Jetta, 1.8L Turbo, etc. will take a Mustang 6. If they did, you don't know how to drive. The SHO cost TWICE as much as the Mustang LX 5.0L when it was made.

Heck, a little turbo 4 banger can take em . . . SRT4, WRX STI, EVO. Lotuses,

I can go on, but comparing apples and oranges is an exercise in futility.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome