Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?!
View Single Post
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
except maybe the 140 hp 5.0L?

If they made a 6 with the same 250 hp as a VR6, the 3.5L Maxima, and other special edition cars that cost 10-20,000 more -why would anyone buy the GT? It would have nearly as much hp, weigh less, handle better, and likely cost more.

Sorry the VR6 Nissan 3.5L. etc., can eat a pre-99 GT for lunch. Some of them will take a 99-04 GT.

But those are flagship cars. No standard Accord, Jetta, 1.8L Turbo, etc. will take a Mustang 6. If they did, you don't know how to drive. The SHO cost TWICE as much as the Mustang LX 5.0L when it was made.

Heck, a little turbo 4 banger can take em . . . SRT4, WRX STI, EVO. Lotuses,

I can go on, but comparing apples and oranges is an exercise in futility.

i have no quarrel with you brother and over all the mustang v6 is a good and very great lookin car...but
1.nissan maxima $27,900 265hp
2.honda accord $25,200 244hp
3.mustang coupe $24,470 210hp
(cars and comparable options determined price)
i'll go out on a limb here and assume the 5.0l gt mustang with 140hp is the 1979 2v v8...cool...you wanna know how much the v6 had back then? 3.3l v6 had 85hp back then...wanna know how much the maxima had back then....nothing...it wasnt around...my point was that in 2006 and back the ford mustang v6 has and had one of the least desirable v6 engines around.and if you think your stock v6 can ace a stock maxima maybe you never raced before.and maybe if i could only narrow the diff between the v6's to 5 grand(a stretch) it still aint the 10-20000 you state.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome